Filling in an insurance form after an accident
Summarising is never an easy task, especially when you want to sound convincing. Accident insurance claim forms ask for a brief statement about how the accident happened. However, having to explain in a few words what happened leads to some very curious descriptions. In the section dedicated to insurance, the website Things People Said transcribes some of the most hilarious explanations. What is not clear is if the insurance company really got the message of what really happened.
Read the statements below and rewrite them so that the reason of the accident becomes clearer (even if the result is rather dull).
1. "I had been shopping for plants all day and was on my way home. As I reached an intersection, a hedge sprung up, obscuring my vision."
2. "I had been learning to drive with power steering. I turned the wheel to what I thought was enough and found myself in a different direction going the opposite way."
3. "I had been driving for 40 years when I fell asleep at the wheel and had an accident."
4. "Coming home, I drove into the wrong house and collided with a tree I don't have."
5. "The accident happened when the right door of a car came around the corner without giving a signal."
6. "As I approached the intersection, a stop sign suddenly appeared in a place where no stop sign had ever appeared before. I was unable to stop in time to avoid the accident."
Print your answers by clicking on this button
Then compare them with the suggested answers (there are several possible right answers).
Here you can find a guide for international students to driving in the United Kingdom with all the necessary information you need on the topic even if you are not a student!